Wednesday 9 April 2014

Sweet Nothings

I think we all have favorite items that we start to wear less and less of because you want them to last for a long time. These Carven Sling back bow shoes are just that, along with my & Other Stories oversized clutch. However, after one of my favorite Fendi bags was stolen last year, I've learned these sweet nothings aren't meant to be taken too seriously. Sometimes we place too much value on material things that we start to place our happiness in things as opposed to our happiness in people we love and cherish, and our walk in life to salvation.

I used to be that person that thought 'things' would make me happy. I thought shoes would make me happy, designer bags would make me happy, a big house would make me happy, driving a nice car would make me happy. But one that isn't internally happy notices that these material things cannot fill an empty void within ones-self. I love all of the above and I am thankful everyday for all God has blessed me with; but I no longer think I need every single pair of designer shoes that comes out (although I never thought I needed them I just yearned for them) and no longer feel I need to wear something to be seen in a certain light.

Definitely dress how you would like to be addressed; however, don't let materialism take over the true meaning of your purpose in life and who you want to be. For after all, when we leave this beautiful earth nothing comes along with us. Although a new bag and pair of shoes does make me all giddy inside, I'm learning more and more not to place too much value on material things.
Outfit Details:
Topshop Sweater (Very OLD)
Double Necklaces: Zara + Forever 21
Trousers: GAP on sale (here)
Flats: Carven similar (here)
& Other Stories Super Oversized (SOLD OUT) similar (here)

Photographer: Oluwatosin Ogunlesi 
Now Listening to: Dwele - 'Truth'

2 comments:

JustPorsh said...

True words!
Once in a while, when I feel depressed, I browse online stores n look at shoes, most of which I can't afford. But it kinna lifted up my spirits, temporary tho. Lol
That clutch is everything! Love!

Femme said...

Love your hair