Thursday 23 October 2014

Flea Market Stance

About a month ago (gosh time FLIES these days), I did the 'Out of the Blue' flea market in Edinburgh again. I am trying to get rid of excess clothing in my closet. I never thought in my life I'd accumulate so many shoes, clothing and accessories. I was definitely a shop-a-holic. I did pretty okay, the best I've ever done.

I've done about 6 now, and here's what I have learned. It's a flea market not a posh boutique. I was trying to only have jewellery this day, some clothing here, then shoes here and there. Until last weekend I thought, I'm bringing a lot more. I literally brought two suitcases of clothing and shoes and a box of jewellery, bags, belts, and hats. To sell more, you have to provide more, to reach a broader audience, and I did just that. Another thing I did differently is I got there earlier (there goes my Saturday mornings when the Flea Market is on!!!) so I got a bigger place to display my 'mini store'.

Thus far I have gotten rid of 40% of my closet, hopefully 70 - 80% of it will be gone by the end of the year. Besides selling clothing once a month at the flea market to make money and create space in my closet, I've met some amazing people! I met my photographer at the flea market, networked, and met a few new friends (still being fairly new to Edinburgh). I actually look forward to flea market Saturday's now.

My photographer came by to see me at the Flea Market to catch up, as we hadn't seen each other since my wedding. It was lovely having her around. She purchased a new camera and I was luckily her first subject. Hey I don't go to Flea Markets looking glamorous...but here are some of the shots:
Outfit Details:
Zara Long Sleeved Blouse 
Vintage Sweater
H&M Skinny Trousers
Old Beat Up Chanel Flats (I love these things)

Teresa, always makes me smile, I love my photographers (husband included ;).

I'll be doing the Flea Market again this Saturday, and I'm looking forward to it. Ps. if you are looking for a way to clear out your closet and are tired of Ebay, Depop or ASOS Market Place, I'd recommend having a sale at your house or finding a flea market in your city. You will get to interact with customers and give advice, save on ridiculous 10% - 20% charges, and returns. ....thank me later! *wink*

P.S. Sorry for the delay in blogging this week. We were changing providers for our internet and landline, and it took a couple of days to sort out.

Photographer: Teresa Dickson of Glanceobservecapture 
Now Listening to: Drake Ft. The-Dream - 'Shut it Down'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

u look great..love your bag
http://www.ann-u.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Ah! Your hair though...HAWT !!!